In honor of Stress Awareness Month this April, remember to maintain a healthy mind to match your healthy body! Meditation is one of our favorite ways to relieve stress and anxiety, and only has to take a few minutes.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Find a place free from noise and distraction.
2. Sit somewhere comfortable with your back straight. You can cross your legs in the traditional lotus position if you want, but all that’s important is you are comfortable.
3. Start from the tip of your head and slowly scan your body all the way to your toes. Loosen areas of tension as you go.
4. Do your best to clear your mind. As thoughts drift through, let them pass and make no judgments on them. The goal is to eventually clear your mind of all thoughts
5. Listen to and feel your breathing. Breathe slowly and deeply.