Like lots of runners, I usually save my longest run of the week for Sundays, which leaves me plenty of time to refuel with these baked sweet potato home fries. Pair them with fresh fruit or tofu scramble, and recharge with a healthy post-run breakfast!
· 2 large sweet potatoes
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 red onion
· 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes into 1” cubes.
3. Cut onions into 1” chunks.
4. Spread onions and potatoes onto a lightly greased baking sheet and coat evenly with olive oil and spices.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Shake pan, increase heat to 475 degrees, and bake for another 10-20 minutes, shaking pan halfway through.
Recipe provided by Kori. As an avid runner who follows a vegan diet, Kori is a resource for simple, healthy cooking tips and recipes. Check out her personal blog at www.paintandtofu.com